What is Yoga?
Yoga is an ancient form of posing your body to focus on strength, flexibility and breathing. It has been scientifically proven too boost physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing. Yoga is a 5,000-year-old discipline from India, developed as a practice to unite the mind and body. Metta offers yoga classes for all (adult) ages and capabilities, regardless of fitness level.
Benefits of Yoga
Yoga offers both physical and mental health benefits for people of all ages. And, if you’re going through an illness, recovering from surgery or living with a chronic condition, yoga can become an integral part of your treatment and potentially hasten healing.
According to John Hopkins Medicine, there are many benefits to practicing yoga:
- Yoga improves strength, balance and flexibility
- Yoga helps with back pain relief
- Yoga can ease inflammation and arthritis symptoms
- Yoga benefits heart health
- Yoga relaxes you, to help you sleep better
- Yoga can mean more energy and brighter moods
- Yoga helps you manage stress
- Yoga connects you with a supportive community
- Yoga promotes better self-care